BTS events announced in Manchester, Bristol, Scotland & Dorset
Written By: David Read Comments: 0
Following a successful event in Belfast last week, the latest issue of the BTS newsletter The Trombonist has brought news of BTS Trombone Days in other parts of the UK this year: Manchester 11 April 2007, Royal Northern College of Music Free to BTS members 18.30 Trombone choir rehearsal of Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony 19.30 Recording of Saint-Saens, set for inclusion on new CD 20.30 Workshop run by Black Dyke trombone section Contact Brett Baker for details. Bristol 12 May 2007, Salvation Army 13.30 Mass trombone choir 19.30 Concert with Bristol Eastern Brass Band, Boscombe Salvation Army Songsters, Don Jenkins Trombone Ensemble with special guests Dudley Bright, Brett Baker and Bill Geldard. Tickets for the concert and free massed blow from Cathy Britton tel: 01454 619084. Contact Brett Baker for further details. Scotland 13 May 2007 Featuring: Mike Suter (ex. Stan Kenton bass trombone) and Bones Apart Contact Chris Stearn for further details. Dorset 27 May 2007, Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum Mass trombone choirs, masterclasses, solo performances and trade stands. Bob Hughes, Kevin Morgan, Jonathan Warburton and much much more. Contact Paul Coker for more details. More events are planned for the second half of the year. Here is a taster:
- East Midlands Trumpet and trombone course with tutors to include John Dickinson, Chris Houlding, Pete Lacey, Paul Nevins, Will Mee (all TBC). Doveridge, Derbyshire. Contact: Peter Lacey.
- West Midlands September, with Joe Alessi. Contact: Simon Hogg.
- East 7 October, Oundle School (near Peterborough). Contact: Ben Bouzan.
- South Derbyshire Autumn, Music Centre, Swadlincote. Brass event in association with Birmingham Conservatoire Brass Department. Contact: Peter Lacey.
- Nottingham Autumn, Trombone Workshop Day, Nottingham High School. Contact: Peter Lacey.
Share this article